Thursday 28 May 2015

Am I A Writer Now?

I love books.  I am a voracious reader (when I have time to be).  I used to read 2 books a week, then I had kids.   But since at least highschool I have wanted to write.  I could make up characters (loosely based on my friends) and I could come up with almost-interesting stories but nothing that was great.  I didn't - and still don't - have the creativity or imagination necessary to create worlds where characters did neat stuff and had interesting lives.  So now I'm a blogger.  Does that count as writing?

I'm going to say "YES!"  I feel like it is so much easier to write about my life than to make up a - potentially more interesting - life that I would always have to create.  I hope someone out there finds it interesting enough to keep tuned in.  I have always been one to try to remember every cool thing that happened in a day so I can come home and tell someone: my parents, my friends, and now my husband and kids.  Writing it down and sharing with others who may be thinking the same things or experiencing the same traumas or celebrations makes me feel good.  So that's why I'm blogging.  In case you were wondering.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment