Wednesday 17 June 2015

A Strange Thing Happened To Me Last Night

Something completely untoward happened to me last night.  It almost never happens.  It's only happened a few times before...

I opened a bottle of wine and didn't really like it!

I know, horror of horrors.  It was a red, the description sounded good, but the flavours were not that great.  I'm sure part of it was the sandwich I was eating it with was not complementary to red wine in general, but that doesn't usually dampen my enthusiasm for a wine.

The label described it as "bold & nostalgic - with hits of sweet red berries, creamy chocolate & black cherry"  Sound good, right?  Wrong.  I think it's the chocolate - just doesn't suit my palette.

Now don't get me wrong - I will drink this wine.  It just might take me a few evenings to get through it.  Most wines I finish in 2 nights (unless I'm actually sharing with someone) but this one will be 3 or 4.  It's ok on it's own, but it doesn't seems to pair nicely with anything I've eaten lately. I will suffer through it...

I don't like giving products bad reviews so I'm not going to name this wine.  I'm curious if anyone out there with a pickier palette than me has had many bad wines.  There is one grape in the white wine world I'm not a fan of either, can't come up with the name right now though.  I will say that I will drink any and all wines unless they are actually skunky or gross - if it's just a too sweet or too dry problem I can usually work through it!

Any other winos out there?  Have any great wine experiences you'd like to share?  I'm always looking for new wines to try (especially if they're $12 or less!)

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment