Saturday 5 September 2015

Using Your Blog To Help Others - And Sometimes Get Free Stuff!

So I'm branching out.  I've been selected through bloggersrequired.com to review a book.  The author has contacted me directly and I'm very excited to be able to read this book (for free!) and then talk about it.

I won't receive any direct compensation for this, but I feel I'm finally starting to figure out different ways to reach out in the blogging communities and help others.  My blog following is not nearly large enough for some of the "money making" sites and companies, but I feel quite lucky to have this opportunity.

The author I'm reviewing is Dane Cobain and his book is called No Rest For The Wicked.  I know, it sounds good already, right?  He told me he was hoping to get the book in the mail yesterday, but it may not be until Monday.  I assured him I'd put aside whatever I'm reading when it gets here and start right away.  I also warned him that sometimes I just can't read.  Life is busy and this week the kids go back to school, so there's that extra layer of things to do that I am out of practice with!

If there's anyone out there, dear readers, who has other connections to opportunities for product reviews or other interesting things, please let me know!  I'm happy to tailor posts that are still my own to include mentions of things that I like, can use, or are enjoyable for me and the family.

This was a short post tonight, but I'm formulating a post for my other blog (2 Talented Daughters) about the modelling opportunity they - my 2 cutie girls - both took part in at the end of last week.  I've got photos to sort through before I can illustrate a good post!  Please be patient with me, I've got some stuff on my plate this weekend at home.

Thanks for any suggestions blogger friends, and I'll be back soon!

3 comments:

  1. Have you blogged for this company before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not. I did apply for an assignment once before but (I guess) I was not selected. This time the author contacted me directly through email. I'm finding all this very fascinating.

      Delete
    2. Best wishes on your new venture, Jessica! And in case you're interested, I did manage to check off almost everything on my summer list that you so kindly checked in on (clothesline love and all that). :) Now I've got a fall list going...I'd love to know what you'd add to it. If you're interested in leaving a comment, feel free to add a link to your blog! :) The post is here, just in case: http://guiltychocoholicmama.blogspot.com/2015/09/what-im-hoping-to-do-this-fall.html. Fall blessings to you!

      Delete